Here is a list of wines I've written a Tasting Notes post on listed by their rating. Keep in mind that this is my personal taste and mine only. Wine likes and dislikes are subjective, which is what makes the wine world so awesome! Each wine is linked to its respective Tasting Notes post where I do my best to describe each wine. If what I am describing appeals to you, give it a go regardless of how many bunches I give it!
- Four Bunches - This wine is a definite addition to my cellar! WOW!
- Three Bunches - This wine was enjoyable and I'd get a bottle again.
- Two Bunches - Repeat purchase? Likely not. Depends on what else is around.
- One Bunch - I would not get this bottle again.
- Sparkling - Schramsberg Brut Rosé - North Coast, CA - $35-40+, Grocery Store - Dough, strawberry, citrus
- Rosé - Domaine Mousset, 2015 - Cotes du Rhone, France - $12.99, Total Wine - Strawberry, fruity, refreshing
- Pinot Noir - Piazza Del Dotto, 2012 - Sonoma Coast, CA - $38, Wine shop - Raspberry, vanilla, masculine, amazing
- Merlot - Trefethen, 2012 - Napa Valley, CA - $27.99, Wine Shop - Dark fruit, velvety, mocha - Four bunches
- Red Blend - Phantom by Bogle Vineyards - California - $15.99+, Total Wine and Trader Joe's seasonally - Black fruit, spice, vanilla, delicious
- Malbec - Black Cabra, 2012 - Mendoza, Argentina, $10+, Wine shop - Blackberry, light pepper, easy drinking, an every day favorite
- Zinfandel - Gnarly Head - Lodi, California - $8.99, Grocery store - Dark red cherry, plum, pepper, a hint of vanilla, new favorite
- Pinot Grigio - Ecaana - delle Venezie, Italy - $10.99, Whole Foods - Crisp, apple, citrus, refreshing
- Grüner Veltliner - Winzer Krems, 2014 - Kremstal, Austria - $13.99, Total Wine - Crisp, lemon, citrus, acidic, refreshing, the wine of spring!
- Picpoul de Pinet - Hugues Beauvignac, 2014 - Languedoc-Roussillon, France - $11.99, Total Wine - Refreshing, citrus, lime, minerals
- Sauvignon Blanc - Governors Bay, 2014 - Marlborough NZ - $11.99, Total Wine - Citrus, gooseberry, crisp
- Riesling - Höpler - Austria - $19.99, Wine shop - Dry, apple, lemon, peach, refreshing
- Riesling - Albrecht, 2014 - Alsace, France - $18.99, Total Wine - Dry, apple, floral
- Riesling - Anne de K, 2012 - Alsace, France - $14.99, Total Wine - Dry, apple, pear, honey
- Chardonnay - Olema by Amici Cellars - Sonoma CA - $15.99, Total Wine - Apple, pear, a hint of butter, light oak, balanced
- Chardonnay - Domaine Chatelain Petit Chablis - Burgundy, France - $19.99, Total Wine - Crisp, unoaked, apple, lemon
- Pinot Noir - La Crema, 2013 - Willamette Valley, OR - $24, Restaurant - Cherry, cranberry, earthy, light
- Pinot Noir - Reference Point, 2014 - Willamette Valley OR - $24.99, Wine shop - A heavier feminine style, red berry, raspberry, cola
- Pinot Noir - Cardwell Hill Cellars, 2011 - Willamette Valley OR - $30 - Fuller in body, ripe red berry, hint of sourness
- Pinot Noir - Planet Oregon, 2014 - Willamette Valley, OR - $20, Restaurant - Cherry cola, berry, a little light
- Grenache - Joel Gott - California - $14.99, Whole Foods - Medium body, raspberry, plum, smoke
- Merlot - Queen of Hearts - Santa Barbara County, CA - $12.99, Fresh Market - Blackberry, jam, tannin
- Red Blend - Ancient Peaks Renegade, 2013 - Paso Robles, CA - $24, Restaurant - Black fruit, spice, vanilla, bold
- Cabernet Sauvignon - Motto Wines - California - $7.99+, Grocery store and local restaurant - Vanilla, smooth, plum, little tannin
- Cabernet Sauvignon - Happy Camper - California - $8.99 - Fruit forward, cherry, hint of pepper. Screwtop, good for every day
- Shiraz - Wild Oats, 2012 - Central Ranges NSW, Australia - $14.99, Grocery store - Good flavor, berry, pepper
- Other Red - Da Vinci Chianti - Chianti, Italy - $12.99, Total Wine/Grocery Stores - Plum, cherry, raspberry, clove, pepper
- Chardonnay - Domaine Chenevieres Chablis - Burgundy, France - $19.99, Total Wine - Medium body, apricot, peaches
- Rosé - my Essential Rosé, 2015 - Provence, France - $11/glass or about $15/bottle retail, Local restaurant - Strawberry, crisp, hint of banana
- Pinot Noir - Cloud Break, 2014 - California - $8.99, Total Wine - Red fruit, light body, tart
- Red Blend - Ruby Sky, 2012 - Washington State - $9.99, Grocery store - Fruit forward, blueberry, little tannin
- Red Blend - 14 Hands Stampede, 2014 - Columbia Valley, WA - $11.99, Grocery store - Cherry, vanilla, cola
- Red Blend - Kitchen Sink, Red Table Wine - California - $9.99, Total Wine - Good for price point, red fruit, medium body
- Riesling - Bonterra - California - $12.99, Grocery store - Sweet, apricot, petrol
- Pinot Noir - Coelho Winery Atracao, 2012 - Willamette Valley OR - $21.99 - Cherry, cranberry, cedar, jammy
- Malbec - Tilia Wines - Mendoza, Argentina - $11.99, Grocery store - Not my favorite, plum, smoke
- Shiraz - Penfolds Koonunga Hill - South Australia - $13.99, Grocery store - Blueberry, blackberry, low tannin