- Producer: Happy Camper Vineyards
- Region: California
- Vintage: 2013
- Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Where I purchased: Total Wine
- Price: $8.99
This is the first wine from my Total Wine 2015 Challenge.
- Eyes: Deep red color. Seems like a medium body wine based on the pour and look of wine the glass. Wine was less opaque than others I have had.
- Nose: Fruit forward, red fruit. Definitely some cherry. Hint of spice, maybe pepper.
- Mouth: Fairly smooth for an inexpensive cab, but also some tannin which provides a "depth" that I find most inexpensive cabs lack. Medium body; lighter viscosity than other cabs.
- Thoughts: Very surprised by this cab, especially considering it was less than $9 after my coupon. Another note about this wine is that it was a screwtop which is VERY convenient if you're out and about somewhere... say, camping! If your taste preferences lean toward full-bodied, bold cabs, then I would shy away. However, if you like something lighter and cheap for "every day" wines, or if you're new to cabs, then I would definitely add this one to your "to try" list!